Last week, I asked the question Should Christians Celebrate Halloween? There are good reasons to celebrate Halloween, as well as reasons not to.
So, if your parents have decided it's okay to go trick or treating, try out these tips to get more candy!
1. The cuter your costume is, the more candy you’ll get. This definitely helps younger brothers and sisters :)
2. Choose your candy basket wisely. Pillowcases will hold twice as much candy as a grocery bag, and three times as much as a plastic pumpkin.
3. People usually hand out one or two pieces of good candy in the first part of the night, but you might get more candy towards the end, even if it’s not as good.
4. And remember, sometimes the best candy is at the bottom of your candy sack. You might find something great when you’re almost done snacking!
You should also stay safe while you're trick or treating, so do these couple things too:
1. Go with Mom or Dad. They know all the streets around your neighborhood, and might know who will give away the best candy!
2. Don’t get lost! Make sure you stay in your neighborhood where you know how to get back home.
3. Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be out walking a lot and you don’t want to get sore feet, right?
4. Make sure people can see you, especially cars. Wear bright colors and carry a flashlight if it’s dark.
Follow these ideas, stay safe, and don't eat all your candy in one day! :D